1. Download the nametag template using the link below and save to your computer. Using Microsoft Word, open the template. See your teacher booklet for more information on nametag specifics.
2. Highlight the “Name” and type in the student’s name. You may need to change the font size for longer names.
3. Please keep the font as large and readable as possible, since presenters need to read them from across the room. Times Roman is the easiest font to read. Avoid SCRIPT and FANCY fonts. Black ink only please.
4. Print the page onto the appropriate color (see below) Using lighter colored cardstock will make the names easiest to read. Avoid dark colors like navy, dark green, etc. Or, you can also print all nametags onto white cardstock, and use a colored paper backing to indicate their team.
5. Cut out nametags and repeat the process for all students in the class. Pin onto student’s shirts high on their shoulder and you are ready to Walk Through History!
Walk Through California: Print on light-colored cardstock. The class is divided into 4 teams, each team with their own color nametag. Choose any 4 colors.
Walk Through the American Revolution: The class is divided into 3 teams: red, white and blue. Use white, red, and (light) blue cardstock. Or, print all nametags onto white cardstock and back with colored paper.
Walk Through the Ancient World: The class is divided into 3 teams: Greece (green), Rome (red) and Egypt (yellow). Use red, light green, and yellow cardstock. Or, print all nametags onto white cardstock and back with colored paper.