WALK THROUGH THE ANCIENT WORLD - COSTUMES
Encourage your class to wear costumes for Walk Through the Ancient World. Our presenters comment that costumed classes are more enthusiastic, excited and involved! When students are dressed up as their assigned character, history comes to life!
Costumes help students realize what a fun, dramatic day is ahead! Parents become involved in the program, and therefore more involved with their children’s education.
From booklet: Section 3-C
“Students can wear costumes representing the characters they are portraying. Some characters have costume suggestions on their cards. For students without Character Cards, they can dress in a costume appropriate to their team’s civilization or a character from their Daily Life Presentation. Students with character cards will receive bonus points for costumes.”
- Character Cards have suggested props for students.
- Inform your students that costumes don’t have to be store-bought or elaborate.
- Costumes can be made from items at home or inexpensive materials purchased at craft, fabric or consignment stores.
- Give students and parents ample time to plan and create their costumes. The more time they have, the more creative their costumes can be!
- Consider brainstorming your class about costumes for the program. Not only will it give them ideas, but will also help them get excited for their big day!
- Showcase books and websites about Ancient Civilizations that students can refer to for costume ideas.
- Don’t forget your camera! Walk Through photographs are great for yearbooks, bulletin boards and class newsletters. Be sure to take a group shot!
Costumes Disclaimer Please note that by clicking here, you are leaving CWE’s Web site and going to an outside vendor costume site, anytimecostumes.com. CWE is not responsible for content on the costume site nor does CWE reimburse or make returns for any costumes purchased through this site.