Walk Through California Costume Ideas
Encourage your class to wear costumes for Walk Through California. Our presenters comment that costumed classes are more enthusiastic, excited and involved! Costumes help students realize what a fun, dramatic day is ahead! Parents become involved in the program, and therefore more involved in their children’s education.
- Inform your students that costumes don’t have to be store-bought or elaborate.
- Costumes can be made from items at home or inexpensive materials purchased at craft, fabric or consignment stores.
- Give students and parents ample time to plan and create their costumes. The more time they have to prepare, the more creative their costumes can be!
- Some of our favorite costumes have been costumes that students based on their expert card. We’ve had missions, rivers, aqueducts and even gold nuggets grace our stage!
- Consider brainstorming about costumes with your class for the program. Not only will it give them ideas, but it will help them get excited for their big day!
- Showcase books and websites about California that students can refer to for costume ideas.
- Don’t forget your camera! Walk Through photographs are great for yearbooks, bulletin boards and class newsletters. Be sure to take a group shot!