THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR EMPLOYMENT PAGE
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017/2018 SCHOOL YEAR
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for positions covering the 2017/2018 school year
Applicants must live in the regions/areas below to be considered. Travel outside of regions is also required.
ALL AREAS OF CALIFORNIA
*Training consists of a period of 3 consecutive weeks. The first two weeks will take place in our Southern California offices of Tustin Orange County. The following week will take place in greater Orange & L.A. County area schools.
If you live in the above areas and meet the requirements listed in the job description, we look forward to hearing from you soon. These calendars are already scheduled through the school year. Positions will be full time Mon – Fri through mid-June 2018.
California Weekly Explorer Mission Statement
At California Weekly Explorer we provide quality history presentations that motivate children’s creativity, intellect, and ethics. We believe in bringing the past to life by educating in an exciting, vibrant way, through active participation and highly effective teaching; all to kindle a love of history in future generations.
About Our Presenters
California Weekly Explorer is a company that employs people who share our vision and values concerning children and education. We are dedicated to motivating and educating students in captivating ways, making learning not only fun, but an experience to remember for a lifetime! We believe our presenters are some of the most dedicated, creative, and passionate people in the state of California! This is why, each day, CWE receives praise from teachers, parents, and students concerning the energy, enthusiasm, professionalism and caring approach of its presenters. Each of our qualified personnel independently present roughly 250 presentations a school year to thousands of students across California. The interactive design of the Walk Through format allows our presenters the opportunity to make powerful connections with individual students during each presentation.
In addition to academic training, presenters for California Weekly Explorer have a wide variety of communication talents. Their backgrounds are varied and include education and the performing arts. Each employee is trained in the subject areas covered in the presentations along with additional training in public speaking and student management techniques.
All employees are cleared through fingerprinting and background checks with the California Department of Justice as required by PC11105 for certification for criminal records check in compliance with AB 1610 and AB 1612.
Who are we looking for?
A presenter must have an extremely high work ethic with a “show must go on” mentality along with a love of kids and passion for educating. They must be flexible and able to address daily hardships in a positive, encouraging way. They must possess the intrinsic ability to make the best of any situation and to “light up the room” with an exuberant presence. We continually review resumes from qualified applicants.
- Ability to travel to elementary and middle schools throughout your expanded presenter area and to welcome some overnight stay. You may be traveling often so if you have children or any obligations that require you to stay in a certain area, this opportunity may not be for you. At times you will be required to drive long distances. Enjoyment for driving and travel is not a necessity, but is helpful.
- Positive attitude that entails confidence in communicating professionally and enthusiastically with teachers, office managers, and various school staff. Many times you will be required to provide helpful solutions that will meet both the needs of the presentation and the customer. The ability to compromise and be flexible is a necessity.
- Experience in communications, teaching, and/or performing arts
- A love for history and educating. No credential is required, but presenters must be self motivated as learners and educators. We will train you for the presentations and material but daily you will experience various situations which will develop you as a person and as a speaker.
- Desire. A desire to work with and motivate kids in a solo 2 1/2 hour performance, presented twice daily. You will not only aid in the education of young people, but you will grow as a person in developing problem solving and other life skills.
- Enthusiasm. If you have an enthusiastic personality, energy and are enthusiastic about expanding your own knowledge and performance skills, we will provide the intensive training needed to join our team.
How do I apply?
- Click Here to read the Job Description form for specific information and requirements. This must be read prior to sending us your information.
- Send the following materials to email@example.com
- Cover Letter (Include what interests you most about the presenter position)
- Current Work Resume (Acting Resume and Headshot are optional, but include these items if you have them)
- Short Story (1 page maximum) of your favorite childhood memory
- We do not accept phone inquiries concerning application materials. If you do not receive a response to your application, please make your inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the hiring process consist of?
- You must successfully complete the following…
- Phone Interview
- Office Interview
- Performance of memorized section (about a page and a half) from California Weekly Explorer script
- 5-minute fun presentation on California Weekly Explorer subject matter developed by applicant