MEMORIZATION AND ACTING TIPS
Need help memorizing? Here are some tips:
- Practice your card a few times each day. Don’t wait until the last minute! By the performance, you’ll be a pro.
- Memorize the card sentence by sentence. Start by memorizing the first sentence. Then, repeat the first sentence and add the next.
- Write your card on paper while you say it aloud.
- Tape yourself reading your card. Listen and repeat what you hear.
It’s so much fun when students make their characters come to life! Tips to make you a star!
- Practice in front of the mirror to work on facial expressions.
- Perform for your family and classmates and ask them for tips.
- Pair with another student and become each other’s acting coaches.
- Use movements while you perform your card. Pairing a gesture with a line may help you remember it!
- Everyone gets nervous, so don’t worry! Our presenters are trained to help if you get stuck!